Test Pattern 101

Now playing...Big Brother 7 All Stars

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

BB7 - Go upstairs and give her a hug...

After this week's nominations, everybody seems to be having a case of overconfidence-itis, with the exception of Janelle. It appears that Janelle is the only house guest to realize that she could go home at any minute. George goes as far as to say that he doesn't mind being in the hot seat, b/c he realizes he is a pawn. What George doesn't realize is that he may be safe this week, but that the hot seat may soon turn him from pawn into rotisserie chicken. George spends his time on the block doing what he does best, being flabbergasted at anything and everything. He is in complete awe of Chill Town and how they have come so far. "How is that possible?!" a baffled George cries. Well Georgie, it's possible because they ARE Chill Town and they are great manipulators. News flash, that's how you win this game. Of course, it helps if the rest of the house guests are completely blinded by the force that is Chill Town and voluntarily keep them safe. Though I'm not complaining, b/c I want to see these two go to the finals together. Go Team Chill Town! And to paraphrase my boys, if loving them is wrong, I don't want to be right.

I have to give it to Janelle, the girl can act. Either that or Erika is the most gullible person on the face of the planet. How did she not see through Janelle's "I want to work with you, I'm glad we're back on the same side" charade. I mean, "back" on the same side? At first, I thought Erika saw right through her. In the diary room as she stroked her chin, pondering Janelle's offer, I was sure she was going to see through the ruse. But no. Hook, line, and sinker, Janelle caught her a fish and that fish is Erika. Erika then made another tactical error by pretty much telling Danielle that she was safe no matter what. In fact, she told her last week directly after the HOH competition. Big mistake. Huge! I wouldn't mess around with Danielle. I know she's been doing a lot of tough talk these past couple weeks without much to back it up, but something tells me the girls still got some fight left in her. And when she swore on her kids to Erika, you just knew that Erika’s word was as good as, well slop. Danielle may get voted out, but if Erika makes it to the finals, her votes are dwindling by the minute.

Um, and when did "scum bagged" become the new back doored? Is it just a mega-back door? B/c I thought back doored was basically the end all and be all worse thing you could do to someone. That is besides throw them under the bus. Anyway, the term scum bagged was thrown around last week, and this week it is back with a vengance, mainly used by Danielle.

I am so glad that the trampoline, or pimp-o-line, turned out to just be so good old wholesome fun and not a new place for Boogie and Erika to display their ongoing showmance. I mean, does it get any cuter than Will jumping on a trampoline with the exuberance of a five year old on Christmas morning? I submit that it CANNOT!

Speaking of Christmas, this week it is Christmas in August. And instead of sugarplums dancing in his head, Will was dreaming, as he always does, of hanging out with Neal Patrick Harris. And who should show up on Christmas, none other than NPH himself. Will was beside himself, to the point of suggesting security may be necessary for Mr. Harris, likening himself to a stalker. But Will just can't contain himself as he joyfully wonders, "First the trampoline, then NPH, what's next? I win this show?!" Side note: I think I have to start watching How I Met Your Mother. I mean, if Will is a fan, and from the commercial NPH seems a lot like Will, how could this show not be must see tv?

No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! Haven't we seen enough of uncomfortable George situations? Is it necessary take the low hanging fruit of fat jokes and put the man in a Santa costume? Anyway, George and NPH dole out the gifts, which pretty much seem to be clothes. But, this is not a bad thing. Obviously NPH and I are on the same page. Enough with the Dolce t-shirt. Really! George seemed awestruck by his new sneakers that had a star on them. Wow. Apparently the whole Converse fad that seems to reappear every 10 years or so has passed George by about five times. After last night's episode, I'm convinced that George is in a state of shock and awe every time he sees toast pop out of a toaster.

So, in the gym, which this season is pretty much strictly used for strategizing and talking, we learn a little something about George that explains a LOT. Apparently, George was struck by lightening several years back. Literally struck by lightening. As Boogie said, if you've been struck by lightening already, you're pretty much SOL for any other one in a million type chance to come your way. Count your days George. Count your days.

Boogie has apparently moved into the HOH room with Erika. No surprise there. Before retiring for the night, Erika wants to talk to seconds of game. Puh-lease. That's about all the game the girl has to talk. She tells Boogie that Will has to go up. Will quickly poo-poos this plan and pretty much tells Erika what she needs to do. That is, Danielle has to go up and go home. Ruh-roh!

When it's time for the POV competition, Boogie is up first. And with the red, white, and blue sweat band with matching wrist bands, he looks like he is ready for the 1972 Summer Olympics. While Erika doesn't look like she is going for the gold during the POV competition, she does look like she stepped out of 1985 with her baby blue butterfly clip piled in a funky mess, ala Debi Gibson, on top of her head. Well, at least the girl put some clothes on for the competition. B/c I'm pretty much done with the bikini-as-an outfit deal she's had going. We learn during the POV competition that being struck by lightening pretty much erases one’s short term memory, or maybe it was the weight of the chicklet necklaces cutting off oxygen to his brain. Whatever it was, George might as well have played the POV competition blind folded. And then there was Janelle, who despite having to constantly hold the microphone into the back of her pants with one hand still managed to kill everyone else’s time and win POV.

After the POV competition, we get about 32 clips of Danielle telling us she believes that she is safe. If we have learned anything, this is a clear sign that she is dunzo. Which begs the question, does Danielle not see what's going on around her in the way of constant E-Boogie one-on-one time? You would think this might be a little clue to her as to why Erika is so loyal to Chill Town. But, maybe Danielle has been to busy with all her trash talk time in the Diary Room to notice all the canoodling that goes on.

Along with the endless "I'm confident that I'm safe" clips from Danielle, we are also bombarded with about 28 minutes of Erika whining about her dilemma, describing it is a tough decision. Um, isn't that kind of the gist of the word dilemma? Well, let's just be thankful she didn't beat the phrase "stuck between a rock and a hard place" to death. Small favors. But one thing is for sure, if Erika wants to ensure some more Boogie-time, she best not be putting up Will! At least Erika stopped trying to act like the queen of strategy this week, basically coming out and saying that she needs people like Will and Boogie to tell her what to do. Maybe this will ease up the one thousand and one shots of Erika ringing her hands through her hair. Hey, maybe that hideous butterfly clip isn't such a bad thing.

Once Danielle realizes the deal, she does what any other person would do and takes this as the perfect opportunity to hit the sauce. And to my surprise, this girl can booze it up with the best of them. Nothing like a nice little wine buzz to bring out the true feelings. Stumbling over words she warns a child like Chicken George huddled in a towel clutching what seems to be a life vest, that Erika is evil and Chill Town is bad. Getting no reaction from George, she hauls herself out of the pool and confronts Erika, who pretty much laughs her off. Then Danielle pull out the big guns and plays the hurt card. Even drunk off her ass, the girl knows how to play hardball.

Once back inside Erika goes directly to Will, not sure where Boogie was when this all went down. But Will locks himself in the HOH room with Erika for the night while a drunk-ass Danielle constantly rings the doorbell trying to get Erika to let her in. Clearly the girl is blotto. Eventually she gives up and goes to bed. The next morning, the white zinfandel hangover has set in and we see Danielle sporting a pair of Maui Jims to hide the bloodshot eyes.

No surprise, Janelle uses the POV on herself. She gives a nice little speech saying how she hates having to put others in harms way. At this point George points to himself. Um, George, you are already on the block. Just sit there and be quiet. And then the expected happens and Danielle is nominated by who I can only assume is her ex-best friend Erika. Sitting up on the block, Danielle looks stone cold pissed. Erika better hope that she goes home, b/c if not Erika will be lucky to even make it to the Jury House. Because at this point, Danielle looks like she wants to take her into the kitchen and drown her in a bucket of slop.

So, not only were we treated to a Will/Boogie dance segment, the ring-ring is also back!! Oh how I missed it! I just hope that this week's double eviction keeps our boys safe so that we have the opportunity for that dance/ring-ring montage I've been praying for!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LIKE YOUR RE-CREATION OF WHAT HAPPENED ON EVERY EPISODE. IF I MISS ONE, I KNOW THAT YOU WILL, IN DETAIL, LET ME KNOW WHAT WENT ON.

THANKS!
MICHELE PAGLUSCH
(LAURA CRUMLEY'S SIS.)

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com